With Star Wars Battlefront supposedly coming out this year, alongside Star Wars: The Force Awakens, it comes as no surprise that rumors have already started to surface around the idea that the Battlefront plot may tie into the story of the new Star Wars films. These rumors however do seem to have what can only be described as, legs.
makingstarwars.net have posted a list of rumors about the hotly anticipated game. Some of the features we could be expecting include:
- The campaign spanning the entire Star Wars Saga. We can expect to fight in all our favourite battles from the movies.
- The majority of the campaign will take place during the original trilogy era. All of the battles and settings that you would expect to be there will be playable, and it has been said that the campaign itself is pretty long when compared to other first person shooters.
- Some segments of the campaign take place between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens, this will provide a bridge between the two films.
- The end of the campaign will take place during the opening of The Force Awakens.
- Star Wars Battlefront is expected to ship a month before The Force Awakens.
- The scale of the multiplayer is going to be absolutely massive with up 64 players participating on each side.
There are many other rumors surrounding Star Wars Battlefront, above are just a few of the major ones. If you want to hear the rest then head over to the Making Star Wars site to get the full list.
If one thing is for sure it’s that this is looking to be a very exciting game, and potentially a great movie-video game tie-in which is something we have not seen in a long time.
Credit: Making Star Wars